In a recent article, it was found that households bought an average of 54 reusable supermarket bags a year. 'Bags for life' must be used 4 times to be better for the environment than single-use plastic bags. This research indicates that consumers see these bags as disposable options, rather than real bags for life. These bags are made from stronger plastic, as they are intended to be reused and therefore still contribute to plastic waste. If these bags were used as intended as reusable options than this would not be an issue, but clearly, consumers do not see these bags as reusable and therefore these bags are still contributing to plastic waste. So what can we do?
The main benefits of flip & tumble reusable bags:
1. By purchasing and using reusable shopping bags such as the flip & tumble 24/7 ultimate reusable bags, or the reusable shopping tote bag consumers can use a bag that is durable and can be reused again and again, rather than having to purchase various bags overtime. Just read some of our great reviews explaining how customers have used these bags for years without any wear or tear.
2. Another benefit is that flip & tumble reusable shopping bags are machine washable, and therefore do not need to be thrown away when items are spilled or when the bag smells.
3. Flip & tumble bags are also foldable to easily fit into your handbag, backpack, car or luggage. So you will never forget your grocery bags again.
4. Flip & tumble bags are made from ripstop nylon, not plastic- a material made to last.
5. Of course, the main benefit is that by using durable reusable shopping bags you are actively fighting the war on plastic waste!
Another way of reducing plastic waste is by using reusable produce bags instead of single-use plastic bags to carry fruit and vegetables!